Book Review: "Patriots - Surviving the Coming Collapse" By James Wesley, Rawles



Another new series to the blog, book reviews. This first book, I hope to be the first of many, in my library.



I am not a professional journalist or critic, and I am definitely not the best at putting my thoughts into words. At best, I can let you know if I enjoyed the book and if I would recommend it. I will not try to analyze the writers stlye or pretend to have any literary knowledge.



Patriots was a good experience for me. The story was interesting because of how closely it relates to what is happening in the world right now. I found myself searching for my notebook and pen many times, because there is so much good information woven into the story.



If you are completely new to prepping, this book will provide a lot of good info for you to start thinking about your preps. If you're not new, then it could have you thinking about your setups and maybe improve them. If nothing else it'll provide a few hours of good reading.





1 comments:

LP said...

I thought the original book was useful for getting people into prepping. Personally, I enjoyed reading about the moral issues and some of the tactical solutions. The most interesting to me though, were the accounts of long treks to the retreat, and the perspectives on what is important. Little things become huge treasures when they are not readily available.... toilet paper, boots, socks.... I don't have the new version, but I hear the index makes it more useful as a reference beyond the fiction.

Post a Comment