Every-Day Carry

So you made the decision to start taking more control of your own fate, but don't know where to start. Prepping can be an overwhelming and daunting task, but if you start small and with a plan, it doesn't have to be. Well what better place to start then with what you carry everyday. Your every day carry (EDC), does not have to include all the lastest and most expensive gadgets on the market, but it can if you have the money and don't mind carrying it around with you. My idea of an EDC is exactly what you carry on your person, not in a bag. That goes into another topic of the EDC-Bag, which I'll go more in depth later on. For now just what you carry in your pockets, on your wrists, and maybe around your neck. I only stress what's on you because if for whatever reason you have to put your bag down or you're separated from it. All you have left is what is on you. Some important core elements that I feel should be included in every EDC is a flashlight, multi-tool/knife, watch, and a lighter Below is my latest EDC.
Clockwise. My EDC is Oakley Half Jackets XLJ's. Natural Ice medicated chapstick. A cheap notebook that for taking notes and sketches, that can fit in my back pocket. A Pilot G2 pen. A good disposable pen, cause you always need a pen when you don't have one. A slim Van's card carrier. I like how slim it is because it allows me to carry it together with my little notebook in my back pocket. A SOG Trident Tanto mini, which I carry in my other back pocket. Currently I carry my keys on a separable key ring. It separates my car keys from the other keys that I need. On my keys is a key fob that I made out of 550 paracord. You can never have enough 550 cord handy. There are so many ways that it can be utilized. Again another topic for another day. Also on my key chain is a Steamlight Nano. Very powerful light for its size, which is great because I carry my keys IN my pocket and cuts down on the bulk. Lastly on my keys is a P38, because I can't remember how many times I needed a can opener and there were only broken ones around. Not pictured is my Casio G-Shock Mudman GW-9000A, and a 550 paracord bracelet, which I forgot to take off for the picture. Oh and also my Motorola Defy which I used to take the picture with, encased in a Otter Box. In no way is my EDC set or perfect. It all depends on your preferences. Another item that I'm definitely going to add in the near future is a Split Pea lighter from CountyComm.com and maybe change out my SOG or add a small multi-tool.






Some great websites/blogs about EDC's:

everyday-carry.com
edc-blog.com
edcreviews.blogspot.com
edcforums.com
edcdepot.com

4 comments:

smoke.it said...

Split pea lighter?

Island Prepper said...

The split pea lighter is a small, refillable lighter that can be carried on your keychain. Made of either stainless steel or titainium and comes in the split pea or larger peanut sizes. http://www.countycomm.com/tipeanutlighter.html

smoke.it said...

Found something similar to the pea lighter. Did you get the pics?

Island Prepper said...

Sorry didn't get the pics, but i think you're talking about the True Utility Firestash. Its cheaper, but i've read bad reviews about it. Its one of those things that, you get what you pay for. Im thinking about getting both to compare them.

Post a Comment